Saturday 29 October 2011

Nanowrimo or Nano-draw-mo

(Oops! Have to do something useful with this blog. It's been asleep over a year.)

I've decided I'll be drawing my way through November 2011, which should be fun. A few years ago on an a painting module, they made us all draw with ink and a twig, on large sheets of sugar-paper fixed to almost vertical easles, then we had to wash over our drawings with water and work back into them once they had begun to dry. I loved it, and have been a fan of ink drawing ever since. No tentative pencil sketching, rubbing out, etc. You had to risk it and go for it.

Not that I'll be able to work on that scale or make that much mess in November, but I have various ink pens from Rapidographs to cut bamboo for working A3 and A4, which is as big as I can carry around, and for pocket sized work: Pentel V5s and Bic biros so I'm looking forward to it. :)

1 comment:

  1. How lovely! Hopefully you'll post pictures of your NaNoDrawMo progress. ;)

    ReplyDelete